Today is Monday, February 20, 2017.
If there is an important alert or weather notification, the information will be posted at the top of the PRSD Web Home Page. You can click here to see if there are any alerts. Click here for more details on the process for deciding a school delay or cancelation.
In the event of an early dismissal, delay or cancelation, the district will notify parents via:
Please be aware that once the information leaves PR, we cannot control how it is broadcasted on TV and/or radio. We highly encourage to log on to the website or PR Information Line for the most accurate information.
- Rapid Call (Be sure to update information with school building offices)
- PRSD Website: www.pinerichland.org
- PRTV: Armstrong Digital Cable Channel 211 and Consolidated Cable: 404
- Pine-Richland Information Line: 724-443-7575
- Local Radio Stations: KDKA, KQV, & Q92.9
- Local Television Stations: KDKA, WTAE and WPXI (Click on the Call Letters for Online Closing Info.)
The district will initiate the rapid notification in the event of an emergency and/or other major announcement as well.
Please call your child's school building, if you think your information might not be current. We highly recommend home, cell phones and work numbers to be included for emergency situations.
What if a Two-Hour Delay is Issued?
Bus pickup and school opening is delayed by two hours. Lunch will be served.
What is the Modified Kindergarten Schedule?
Morning Kindergarten will meet from 11:15 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Afternoon Kindergarten will meet from 2-3:45 p.m.
How You Can Prepare