Your child will be bringing home a copy of his/her AIMSweb report on:
- Friday, September 23, 2016 (Grades K-3) or
- Friday, October 14, 2016 (Grades 4-6).
AIMSweb assessments are given to students in grades K-6, and they are typically administered three times per year (fall/winter/spring). AIMSweb assessments are brief, individual tests that measure the overall performance of key skills at each grade level.
Below are the reading and math assessments that are administered each year:
- Letter Naming Fluency- Students name as many letters (in random order) as possible in one minute. (Kindergarten - Fall, Winter & Spring)
- Letter Sound Fluency - Students provide the sounds that letters make during a one minute time. (Kindergarten - Fall, Winter & Spring)
- Phoneme Segmentation - Students are given words orally and asked to segment the words into individual letter sounds. Example: (rat - r-a-t). (Kindergarten: Winter & Spring & 1st Grade: Fall)
- Nonsense Word Fluency- Students are asked to provide the sounds or read nonsense words for one minute (naf, gop, etc.). (Kindergarten: Winter & Spring & 1st Grade: Fall plus Winter & Spring if below R-CBM Fluency)
- R-CBM (Reading Fluency) - Students read three passages (1 minute each), and the middle fluency score is reported. (1st Grade: Winter & Spring & 2nd-6th Grades: Fall, Winter & Spring)
- MAZE (Comprehension) - Students are given a passage with every 7th word omitted. Students choose as many correct responses as possible in 3 minutes. (2nd - 6th Grade: Fall, Winter & Spring)
Math (4-6 Only)
- M-CAP (Concepts & Application) - Student problem-solving skills are measured in this 8-minute assessment. (Grades 4-6 - Fall,Winter & Spring)
- M-COMP (Computation) - Student math operation skills are measured in this 8-minute assessment. (Grades 4-6 - Fall, Winter & Spring)