Natural Disasters/Catastrophic Events
Don't forget, you can use EasyBib to cite your sources!
In the Library:
On the Internet:Use the custom google search to find information:
- Use Destiny to find a book about your specific event.
- Use the encyclopedia to find an article about your specific event.
- Use the Almanac to find information about recent catastrophic events.
- Use Webpath Express to find a website about your specific event.
- Use Grolier to find information about your event
- Look up your event at Factmonster.com.
- Use some of the following websites:
General InformationMost of these sites contain general information on all types of natural disasters. Use links on the home pages to navigate to your specific event.
- National Geographic's Natural Disasters
- ESA's Kids Earth- Natural Disasters
- Web Weather For Kids
- American Red Cross- Types of Emergencies
- Weather WizKids-
- Questions and Answers about Droughts-
- Also use Webpath Express or a search engine to find out about specific droughts, including the Dust Bowl.
- Ideers Earthquakes-
- Earthquakes for Kids-
- Earthquake Facts and Follies-
- Virtual Earthquake
- Also use Webpath Express or a search engine to find out about specific famous earthquakes, such as the San Francisco earthquake of 1906, the Northridge earthquake, and most recently the earthquakes in Haiti and Japan.
- FEMA Ready- Floods
- Floods and Dams-
- Use Webpath Express to find information about specific floods, including the Johnstown flood.
- BBC Hurricanes-
- Tracking Hurricanes-
- National Hurricane Center-
- Use Webpath Express to find information about specific hurricanes, including the Hurricane Katrina, and Hurricane Hugo.
- Explainer: What is a Tsunami?
- Tsunami: Weather Whiz Kids
- Kids Know It: Tsunami
- Japan Before and After-
- Volcanoes Interactive-
- Anatomy of a Volcano-
- Use Webpath Express to find information about specific volcanoes, including the Iceland Volcano, Mt. St. Helens, Hawaii, and Mt. Vesuvius.
from Clipart.com, 2011.
Last Modified on May 11, 2017