Summer Reading 2017: Feed Your Need to Read!Participate in the Poster Challenge or the Virtual Book Club and you can get invited to the PTO's Summer Reading Breakfast on September 22nd!
NEW This Year- Summer Check-out!From May 24- 31, all 4th and 5th graders who will be returning to EHUE in the fall will be permitted to check out books for the entire summer!
- Students can check out up to 8 books.
- Book can be returned on EH Visitation Day (August 17, 2017) or when the school year begins.
- Look for more details in a separate email blast.
The Easy Summer Reading Program: The PTO Poster ChallengeThis challenge is as easy as pie! Read one book and then create poster that advertises your book.
Encourage your friends to participate and you'll be enjoying breakfast together on September 22nd.
- Make a poster with a summary and recommendation.
- Bring the poster to school by September 8, 2017 (include your name, homeroom, and parent's email)
- Get invited to a free breakfast on September 22, 2017.
Back by Popular Demand: The EHUE Virtual Summer Reading ClubMaybe an electronic feed is more your style. Join us on Edmodo in June, July, and August as we virtually discuss three awesome books! The group is moderated by Mrs. Shenefiel but the discussion is led by you! Click this link to request access to the Virtual Summer Reading Club. Students who earn participation badges will be invited to the Summer Reading breakfast for food, fun and more! (A free Edmodo account is required to participate. Please make sure that you join as a student.)
"Where in the World Did You Read," this summer?
Not sure what to read? Check out our Summer Reading Lists
2017 lists will be posted soon!Looking for a great summer read? Check out these lists for some awesome titles! Or... see what other Eden Hall students like by checking out the "Just Read It" blog or other features to the left.These reading lists are part of the Eden Hall Library’s summer reading program and are not specifically endorsed by Pine-Richland School District. These lists were compiled by Mrs. Shenefiel in collaboration with the classroom teachers and Eden Hall students. These books are simply suggestions for parents. You are encouraged screen these books, just as you would any others, to ensure that their content reflects your family values. Encouraging summer reading is our goal!
Suggest a Summer Read!
Click this link to suggest books for your classmates to read. All posts are moderated, so if your post doesn't show up right away be patient. Mrs. S. will check posts daily. Summer reading lists will be posted soon.
Other Summer Reading Resources:
- Check back for more information about the Carnegie Library's Summer Reading Program through Northern Tier Public Library.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards (PYRCA) Nominees 2017-18
- Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge
- Summer Reading Lists from the American Library Association
Last Modified on May 26, 2017