- All members must sign up & serve ONE TRY Event per year (will not count toward your 20 service hours)
- You must attend the event/date that you register for
- Failure to attend your scheduled event results in dismissal
- Switches with other students should only be made if absolutely necessary
- To switch, you must contact Service Coordinators - Elizabeth Theis and Thomas Andrews
- Service Coordinators will provide you with instructions on how to remove your event AND have your replacement register
- Please check your calendars & your parents' calendars carefully, then choose your event
- Sign up using the link above
- You will receive a confirmation email and your registration is recorded (the system maintains live records)
- Please do NOT cancel/remove your participation for a scheduled event -- NHS adviser will receive a date/time stamped cancellation notice (this will be seen as non-participation/non-attendance and result in dismissal). If you cannot make your scheduled event, you must find a replacement in order to not be dismissed. However, one TRY event per year must still be attended per the bylaws.
- More than one TRY event may be attended. Email the Service Coordinators before signing up for second, third, etc. events. Service hours will be awarded for events attended after the one required event.
TRY Event Dates:
for a printable 2019-2020 TRY Schedule.
All TRY events take place at Wexford Elementary School unless otherwise indicated. The events are from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm - come at 6:30 pm to set-up (unless otherwise indicated).
Friday, September 13, 2019 (6:30-8:30 @ Shenot Farm Market, 3754 Wexford Run Rd. - arrive at 6:00) - Hayride and Hotdogs (wear your NHS shirt)
Friday, October 4, 2019 - Halloween Dance Night (wear costumes)
Friday, October 11, 2019 - Bingo Night (wear your NHS shirt)
Friday, November 1, 2019 - Steeler Dance Night (wear black & gold)
Friday, November 8, 2019 - Craft Night (wear your NHS shirt)
Friday, December 6, 2019 - Christmas Dance Night (wear red & green)
Friday, December 13, 2019 - Craft Night (wear your NHS shirt)
Friday, January 3, 2020 - Luau Dance Night (wear a grass skirt if you have one!)
Friday, January 10, 2020 - Movie Night (wear your NHS shirt and bring a chair)
Friday, February 7, 2020 - Sweetheart Dance Night (wear red & white)
Friday, February 14, 2020 - Craft Night (wear your NHS shirt)
Saturday, February 15, 2020 - Bowl-a-thon (noon-2:00 @ Perry Lanes - arrive at 11:30) - limited spots available, and you will need to pay a fee to cover the cost of bowling (wear your NHS shirt)
Friday, March 6, 2020 - St. Patrick's Day Dance Night (wear green)
Friday, March 13, 2020 - Bingo Night (wear your NHS shirt)
Saturday, March 14, 2020 - TRY Athletics Day (1:00-4:00 @ Wexford Elementary - arrive at 12:30) - many volunteers needed! (wear your NHS shirt)
TBD - Spring Festival @ Pine Park (more details to come)