Dear Parent/ Guardian of Home School Students,
You are invited to take advantage of the Health Screening Program at Pine-Richland School District. According to Article XIV of the School Code of the State of Pennsylvania, all school-aged children must be provided with the following health services unless a religious exemption has been granted.
- Annual vision screening for each grade level
- Annual height and weight measurement for each grade level
- Hearing screening for children K through 3 and grade 7 and 11
- Scoliosis screening for grade 6 and 7
The School Health Act of Pennsylvania also requires that:
- Each child must have a physical exam in K or 1, grade 6 and 11.
- Each child must have a dental exam in K or 1, grade 3 and 7.
If you need to provide updated information from your child’s physician or dentist, you can find the forms online to the left of this screen.
You also are required to provide proof of the immunizations (visit link on left side of the screen) or a signed statement indicating your strong moral or ethical opposition to such immunizations.
What does a referral mean?
If you receive a referral from after any school screening, it means that the screening detected a possible problem and further evaluation by a professional healthcare provider is recommended. The form is to be completed by your private physician, dentist or eye doctor and returned to the school nurse. As always, if you have any questions, contact the school nurse.
Download our Health Screening Programs Overview.