Pine-Richland Superintendent of Schools Resume
Brian R. Miller, Ed.D.
Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA
Doctor of Education Degree: May 2009
Interdisciplinary Doctoral Program for Educational Leaders
Superintendent Letter of Eligibility: May 2008 / Dissertation Defended: May 2008
Carlow University, Oakland, PA
Master of Science in Educational Leadership
PA Secondary and Elementary Principal Certification (Administrative II): May 2001
Carlow University, Oakland, PA
Master of Business Administration: July 2013
The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Exercise and Sport Science
PA Instructional II Certification, Health and Physical Education: December 1995
University of Pittsburgh
Principals Academy of Western Pennsylvania
|Pine-Richland School District
North Allegheny School District
- Assistant Superintendent of K-12 Education
- Assistant Superintendent for Secondary Education and Curriculum
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum
- Principal, Carson Middle School
- Assistant Principal, Ingomar Middle School
- Health/Physical Education Teacher & Lead Teacher
July 2013 - Present
July 2012 – June 2013
July 2010 – June 2012
July 2008 – June 2010
August 2004 – June 2008
August 2001 – July 2004
August 1996 – June 2001
Selected Presentations and/or Training
Malcolm Baldrige Performance Excellence Program Senior Examiner (2013 - 2020)
McGrath Training Solutions: Title IX Intake and Investigations Certification Levels 1 - 3 (2020)
PASA-PSBA State Conference (2019)
PDE PIL Program: The Pursuit of Excellence (2019 - 2022)
PDE PIL Program: Data-Driven Decision-Making (2016 - 2019)
AASA National Conference (2009)
Pennsylvania Middle School Association State Conference (2002, 2003, 2008)
Pennsylvania Middle School Association Conference: Western Region (2001-2003, 2006-2008)
Strategic Leadership Selection Evaluator (2006)
Kuzilla, G., Miller, B., & Silbaugh, K. (May 2019). PR PRIDE: A School Community Built a School-within-a-School...Twice. The Pennsylvania Administrator.
Miller, B. (February 2013). Teacher (and Principal) Evaluation: Framing the Future. The Pennsylvania Administrator Magazine.
Andreyko, T., Miller, B., & Pasquinelli, M. (May 2012). STEM Opportunities with a Focus on the Whole Child.
The Pennsylvania Administrator Magazine.
Miller, B., Andreyko, T., & Dobda, K. (September 2011). Talking About Teaching and Learning: A Common Language and Framework for Instruction. The Pennsylvania Administrator Magazine.
Miller, B. (February 2009). Principal Performance Surveys: A Leadership Tool for Continuous Improvement. The Pennsylvania Administrator Magazine.
Miller, B. (2008). Influence of a Collaborative Norming Process on Teacher Perceptions of Middle Level Team Structure and Development. ProQuest LLC.
Miller, B. (May 2007). Beyond the Newsletter: Data-Driven School Home Communication. The Pennsylvania Administrator Magazine.
• Recipient of the 2015 Good Citizen's Award from the Seneca District, Laurel Highlands Council of the Boy Scouts
• Recipient of the 2014 MBA Academic Excellence Award from Carlow University
• Recipient of the 2012 PAESSP Frank S. Manchester Excellence in Journalism Award
• Recipient of the 2011 Educational Leadership Award through UCEA and Duquesne University
• Recipient of the 2008 Duquesne University Henderson Prize for Educational Leaders
• Recognized as the 2008 PAESSP Middle Level Principal of the Year for Pennsylvania
• Recognized as the 2007-2008 PMSA Outstanding Administrator Award for Pennsylvania
• Recognized as a PASA Research Fellow for Dissertation Study
• Recipient of a Research Grant from PMSA for Dissertation Study
• Recognized as the 2007 Citizen of the Year by the North Journal
• Recognized with the 2004-2005 Ed Smith Staff Award as Outstanding Educator from the Western Region of PMSA