Assistant Superintendent Evaluation & Objective Performance Standards
The PR superintendent and PR Board of Directors have determined* that the assistant superintendent of secondary education & curriculum has met the following objective performance standards for the 2018-2019 academic year:
• Student Growth & Achievement: Assistant superintendent uses multiple data sources to assess student success and growth as appropriate, specific to needs within the district and as determined annually in collaboration with the PR Board of School Directors. Annual or other district performance objectives are articulated and clearly achieved under the direction of the superintendent relative to achievement and growth on PDE-required assessments including, but not limited to, PSSA, PVAAS, Keystone Exams, and other locally determined measures.
• Organizational Leadership: Assistant Superintendent works collaboratively with the board to develop a vision for the district, displays an ability to identify and rectify problems affecting the district, works collaboratively with District Administration to ensure best practices for instruction, supervision, curriculum development, and management are being utilized, and works to influence the climate and culture of the district.
• District Operations & Financial Management: Assistant Superintendent manages effectively, ensuring completion of activities associated with the annual budget; overseeing the distribution of resources in support of District priorities; and directing overall operational activities within the district.
• Communication & Community Relations: Assistant Superintendent communicates with and effectively engages the staff, the Board, and members of the community, clearly articulating District goals and priorities, addressing local and broader issues affecting the district, and building support for District initiatives, programs, and short/long-range plans.
• Human Resource Management: Assistant Superintendent incorporates best practices for human resource management and oversight, coordinating staffing, recruitment, and other human resource functions.
• Professionalism: Assistant Superintendent models professional decision-making processes and ethical standards consistent with the values of Pennsylvania’s public education system as well as that of the Pine-Richland community. Assistant Superintendent additionally works to individually reflect upon his effectiveness within the role, and works to improve effectiveness through the use of professional development literature and activities.