If there is an important alert or weather notification, the information will be posted at the top of the Pine-Richland School District homepage. Learn more about the process of deciding on a school delay or cancellation.
In the event of an early dismissal, delay or cancellation, the district will notify parents via:
- Rapid Call (be sure to update information in the Sapphire Community Portal or with school building offices)
- PRTV: Armstrong Digital Cable Channel 211 and Consolidated Cable 404
- Pine-Richland Information Line: 724-443-7575
- Local Radio Stations: KDKA-AM
- Local Television Stations: KDKA, WTAE, and WPXI
Please note: once the information leaves Pine-Richland, we cannot control how it is broadcast on TV and/or radio. We highly encourage you to log on to the website or PR Information Line for the most accurate information. We do not recommend downloading local news apps, as they have sent out misinformation.
The district will initiate a rapid call in the event of an emergency and/or other major announcements as well.Please call your child's school building if you think your information might not be current. We highly recommend home and cell phones to be included for emergency situations.
What if a two-hour delay is issued?Bus pickup and school opening are delayed by two hours. Lunch will be served. See the full schedule.
What is the modified kindergarten schedule?
Morning Session: 11:20 am – 1:05 pm
Afternoon Session: 2:05 pm – 3:50 pm
How You Can Prepare
Have a plan in place should there be an early dismissal and your child is sent home on short notice. Although rare, early dismissals are a possibility due to weather or emergency situations. Now is the time to develop a plan with your child(ren).
Be sure your child knows and understands the plan (make it simple). Children will be sent home on their school bus if an unexpected early dismissal occurs. Blackboard Connect (the district's rapid phone notification) will be activated in the elementary buildings if an early dismissal occurs. Be sure to save 724-625-7773 as a number that will not be blocked on your phone.
- You may also check the website, PRTV, local radio stations and/or TV stations for cancelations, delays and early dismissals.
- Remember to have your children dress appropriately for inclement weather, especially frigid temperatures. You can review details on dressing for cold temperatures.