PA Department of Education Comprehensive Plan
The Pennsylvania Department of Education requires school districts to complete a Comprehensive Plan. Through an online school districts develop a plan that incorporates a series of requirements and expectations they must complete through the process.
- As a Phase 1 school district, PRSD is required to submit the Comprehensive Plan by November 30, 2015. This plan officially addresses the timeline of July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2019. The district's state document was shared on October 15, 2015 during the board meeting and posted publicly. Click here for the plan.
The comprehensive plan includes the following details:
- Members of the senior leadership team worked with a representative from the Allegheny Intermediate Unit and Capital Area Intermediate Unit to ensure compliance with PDE expectations. The Capital Area Intermediate Unit serves as the statewide educational consultant responsible for guiding school districts in the completion of the plan.
- Based on multiple discussions, PRSD was able to integrate some of the district's Strategic Planning process (i.e., five categories, long-term goals, and short-term actions), which is a different document than the PDE Comprehensive Plan. While the comprehensive plan is required, strategic planning is not required by PDE.
While the district is able to weave elements of the strategic plan into the PDE Comp Plan, it is a separate document. The district has local control over the ability to design of the strategic planning process and product. You can click here for more details on the strategic planning process, which involved student, staff, parent and community input during several sessions that spanned from June to September. The Strategic Plan and process will continue and updates will be provided periodically.
- District Profile
- Planning Process/Committee
- Mission, Vision & Values
- Core Foundations
- Instructional Strategies
- Safe & Supportive Schools
- Programming for Gifted Students
- Special Education Assurances
- Accomplishments & Concerns
- Needs Assessments
- District Level Plan
- Action Plan & Goals
- Professional Development
“Comprehensive Planning is a continuous process used to ensure that all students are achieving at high levels. All districts can create better environments so that more students are successful. Continuous planning of public districts is essential to providing increased student performance and quality results. Innovative, exemplary, and research-based programs, coupled with staff development, focused and aligned resources and public participation in planning, are critical factors in districts that demonstrate continuous growth.”- Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE).