Strategic Plan: Background & Process
Background: The district has a long-standing
tradition of involving the community in developing a strategic plan, which encourages a collective focus in developing priorities. While each planning phase brought a unique approach to
gathering input, they each involved major input from the community. In
developing a strategic plan for 2016-2019 the district hosted a community
panel of guests who provided strategic input with dialogue from the district.
Process: The district established a process and
timeline for strategic planning. The process involved:
- Organizing a planning committee
- Surveying students, staff &
- Developing a framework of strategies incorporating five categories with long-term & short-term goals.
- Developing a mission, vision & values.
- Providing a series of town hall meetings
with various stakeholder representation (students, staff, parents,
administrators, community members & board members) to dialogue, gain various perspectives and to finalize the structure and
content of the strategic plan. (150+ Participants).
- Finalizing, presenting & receiving board approval on the Pennsylvania
- Providing ongoing updates to community,
board, parents (Key Communicators), staff and students.
- Monitoring progress of Strategic Plan