All students are expected to dress in a manner that promotes school pride and enhances the school’s image. Student dress and grooming must be clean, neat, modest, proper and consistent with the educational, safety and sanitary environment of the school. Dress should not be disruptive to the educational process. Repeated dress code violations may be dealt with as incidents of defiance of authority or insubordination.
Dress Code Guidelines
· Clothing and hair should be clean and not disruptive to the learning environment.
· Headgear, sunglasses, and heavy chains are not permitted.
· Clothing may not display letters, symbols or images that display or contain sexual innuendos, profanity, gore, or other obscene words or images; that depict, promote or incite violence or acts of violence; or which promote, encourage or solicit the use of alcohol, drugs, or tobacco.
· Outerwear (coats and jackets) should remain in lockers or storage areas during school hours.
· Students will be permitted to carry only one bag to classes to include, but not limited to, a book bag, purse and gym bag.
· Revealing clothing (halters, thin straps) or clothes which expose midriff or back are not permitted.
· Dresses, skirts and shorts must be fingertip length. Tight fitting pants, dresses, and skirts must be worn with a top that is fingertip in length.
· Clothing with holes or slashes is not permitted.You can read more about other district guidelines in the discipline code.