School Counseling Services We Provide
Your School Counselor
- is a certified/licensed educator with a Master's degree in School Counseling.
- addresses all students' academic, personal/social and career development needs.
- advocates on the behalf of his or her students.
- promotes equity and access to opportunities and rigorous educational experiences for all.
- collaborates with others in the school and community.
Services We Provide
- Individual Counseling: Meet individually with students to address academics, post graduation options and personal concerns.
- Small Group Counseling: Meet with small groups of students to discuss issues of common interest/concern.
- Classroom Guidance (in collaboration with classroom teachers): Present career-related, social skills and academic information to all students through classroom presentations.
How We Help Students Overcome Educational Barriers Through
- Preventative Services: Provide students with the skills they need to face certain problems or conflicts that may arise in the future.
- Support Services: Provide support for students who may be dealing with life problems or conflicts that hinder educational performance.
- Remedial Services: Consists of following up with students overcoming adversity or crisis.
Some Examples of Ways We Can Help:
Identify Personal Strengths
Effective Communication Skills
How to Make and Keep Friends
Setting Career Goals
Post Graduation Options
Making Healthy Choices
Choose the Right Path
Setting and Reaching Goals
Progress towards Graduation