A Director of College and Career Counseling…
- Advises stakeholders about college choice, college applications and college admissions’ trends, enabling students to make educated decisions about their future.
- Researches and distributes vital information about financial aid, scholarship opportunities and summer programs.
- Establishes and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with college admissions staff, facilitating opportunities for student advocacy.
- Visits college campuses to gain thorough knowledge of admission requirements and student culture on campus.
- Serves as the site administrator of Naviance, a comprehensive college and career online planning tool. Click here to access your student account.
- Is a contributing member of PACAC, NACAC, and multiple college advisory committees. Also serves as a guest speaker at various college preparation venues.
- College Application/Essay Workshop: An application/essay workshop takes the stress off fall athletes, students applying early action/early decision, and all students who want to start working on their applications over the summer before the school year begins.
- Senior Night: Students receive an overview of senior year as well as a College Admissions Handbook which contains procedures for college applications, senior year timeline, resume samples, testing, interview tips and useful web resources.
- College Visits: Open to junior and senior students. Over 100 colleges, technical schools and career guest speakers visit our high school throughout the year.
- Financial Aid Night: Students and their families are strongly encouraged to attend to learn about the financial aid process and what options today's students have available to them. Handbooks containing information about the financial aid process are disseminated.
- NCAA Student Athlete Night: Learn about the "Who, What, Where, When, Why & How" of the college selection and athletic recruitment process from the necessary NCAA rules.
- College Planning Night: This event is open to all students and their families who are looking for an overview of the college admission process. How do colleges select students? How do students choose the right college?
- 11th Grade College/Career Lesson: Students learn how to research and compare colleges and careers using multiple criteria including location, student body, admissions selectivity, majors and more.
Director of College and Career Counseling…
Jean Whalen firstname.lastname@example.org ext 1654