PR Virtual Academy (K-6)
Dear PRVA Families,
As we proceed through the winter months, we must be prepared for snowy and extremely cold weather conditions. In order to prepare for these types of situations, we would like to share plans for two-hour delay days and school closure.
Delays & Closures
- If there is a two-hour delay, nothing changes from the traditional approach except for students logging in 2 hours after their regular start time.
- Grades K-3
- Students - 11:15 a.m.
- Grades 4-6
- Students - 10:15 a.m.
- If there is a closure, we will have virtual school after an initial 2-hour delay. We need both the hours and days to meet requirements. There will be a two-hour period of asynchronous learning, self-study, or time to sleep in or sled ride. This asynchronous period will allow students to get organized and staff to finalize preparations. Synchronous learning will then begin with shortened periods of learning.
- Morning Session: 11:20 a.m.-1:05 p.m.
- Afternoon Session: 2:05 p.m. - 3:50 p.m.
- Lunch/recess/special times will be from 12:25-2:15 p.m. Students will follow their regular schedules for the remainder of the school day.
- Each classroom will follow a modified schedule that allows students to participate in content area classes, encores, and RAM Time.
If you have any questions, please reach out to me.
Mrs. Paula Giran, PRVA Principal