African American History
In the Library:
- We have many biographies, reference, and non-fiction books related to African American history. Please use Destiny to find resources or ask Mrs. S. for help with finding resources on a specific topic.
- The encyclopedias are a great starting point for research on a specific person or event.
- African American History Month hosted by the Library of Congress. Many primary sources and lesson plans.
- Reading Rockets Black History Month page. A great resource for information about African American authors and illustrators.
- Black History Month- From History.com. Provides a history of African American History month as well as resources about specific people and events. Some resources may be more appropriate for older students, so please preview.
- African American History: Black History Month- from Enchanted Learning.com. Reading passages, and print-ables suitable for elementary students.
- Black History- From Biography.com. Videos, mini-bios, photos, timeline, study guides, fast facts and classroom section.
- Black History Teaching Resources- form Smithsonian education. Features history, artists, and innovators
- Encyclopedia Britannica's Guide to Black History
Image: Lawrence, Jacob. "The Library, " Smithsonian American Art Museum. Accessed 05 February 2012.
Last Modified on February 5, 2014