Preschool Program Accepting Participants
Download Registration Form (PDF)
The PRHS Child Development Preschool is registering preschoolers for the 2022-2023 school year. There will be a fall and spring session during the 2022-2023 school year.
Each session will be about eleven weeks, three days per week. The program will begin at approximately 9:30 a.m. and conclude at 11:30 a.m. Beginning and end dates will be announced later.
For consideration for the 2022-2023 school year, please complete a PDF Registration Form (PDF) along with a $30 registration fee to hold your child's spot. Pine-Richland High School, Attn: April Dull, 700 Warrendale Road, Gibsonia, PA 15044
The following requirements must be met in order to have your child enrolled in the Pine-Richland High School Preschool Program:
- The child is three years of age by September 1st & toilet-trained.
- The child has transportation to and from preschool.
- The Parent/guardian agrees to arrive and depart promptly at designated times.
- The Parent/guardian agrees to submit a registration fee of $150 for each session.
- The Parent/guardian/child cooperates with all rules of the school and the teacher in charge.
- Encourage positive social skills, including cooperation and independence
- Develop respect for one’s own rights as well as the rights of others
- Develop self-expression
- Help the child become self-confident
- Create an atmosphere where learning can be fun
- Help stimulate the child’s independent thinking
- Help develop language skills, both listening and speaking
- Stimulate a curiosity about the world
- Help develop problem-solving skills
- Encourage independence and self-control
The Preschool Program was established to enhance the child development courses in the Family & Consumer Science curriculum at the high school.
This program serves as a child study laboratory school and provides high school students the opportunity to observe and apply what they are learning in theory.
A variety of activities will provide learning experiences that will encourage physical, emotional, intellectual, and social development. Activities will include arts & crafts, stories, games, exercises, music, songs, learning activities in math, letters, and science, and free play. Learning will be encouraged through play and developmentally appropriate activities.
Mrs. April Dull is the supervisor of the Pine-Richland HighSchool Preschool Program. She is a certified teacher with a Bachelor of Science degree from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. High school students enrolled in the preschool class will be working with your child. They must be a sophomore or older and be enrolled in the Child Development/PreschoolEducation Program. Under the direction of the teacher, these students will plan and implement the learning activities.