The Professional Development Committee at Pine-Richland provides oversight to ensure that the district is designing and implementing professional development activities aligned with the strategic and comprehensive plans. At PRSD, the PDE-required comprehensive plan was designed and approved to align with the PRSD strategic plan.
The Professional Education subcommittee should be comprised of the following:
- Six teacher representatives divided equally among elementary, middle, and high school teachers
- Two educational specialists including dental hygienists, school guidance counselors, home-school visitors, technology instructors, school psychologists, school restoration, and a nutrition service specialist.
- Two administrative representatives (chosen by the administrators)
- Two parents of children attending a school in the district
- Two local business representatives
- Two community representatives