2020-2021 Health Services & Immunization Info Page

  • Immunizations


    Health Exams 

    • Physical Exams: Rising Grades 6 & 11 - Physical Examinations are required for all students entering grades 6 and 11. You may use the District's Physical Examination Form or a computer printout of the physical with the doctor's signature. 
    • Dental Exams: Rising Grades 3 & 7 - Dental Examinations are required for all students entering grades 3 and 7. You may use the Dental Examination Form or the dentist's signed printout.
    Exams must be dated after August 25, 2019.  Exam forms are due to your child’s Health Office by December 1st. Forms may be mailed to the school over the summer in the envelope marked "Attn: School Nurse". 
    • Sports Physicals - Check back for more information.

    Dietary Considerations

    The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania School Nutrition Program must comply with the Federal Regulations in providing food service to children with special needs.  If your student has a food allergy that requires a substitution, a doctor's prescription must be on file with the school nurse. A new prescription must be provided every year.
    Download the Medical Plan of Care for School Food Service, which includes the Federal Regulations and guidelines at the top. Have your doctor complete the form to arrange for substitutions when writing the medical prescription. Students without a medical statement for a substitute will be charged ala carte pricing for substitution. 

    Medication at School

    If you believe your child will require medication at school during the school year, please download the  Medication Permission form. Ask your child's doctor to complete this form over the summer and bring the signed form with the prescribed medication on the first day of school. Check the expiration dates on all Inhalers, Epi-pens, and diabetic supplies to ensure they will last through the end of the current school year.  In addition, please complete the Diabetes Medical Management Plan Agreement and return to your child's school.


    Food Allergies: If your child has a life-threatening food allergy and requires an epi-pen at school, please have your doctor complete this Food Allergy Action Plan and bring this completed plan with the medication on the first day of school. For grades K-6, we are asking that parents complete a 
    Self-Management Allergy Checklist to be submitted at the beginning of next school year. 
    Attention High & Middle School Families: If your student will be carrying his/her epi-pen or inhaler, please complete the Permission to Carry Epi-Pens/Inhalers Form and return to your building's school nurse. This is in addition to the school district's medication form.