Pine-Richland Dances through the Decades: Homecoming 2019
Pine-Richland School District is hosting homecoming weekend September 20-21, 2019. Join us as "Pine-Richland Dances through the Decades: Homecoming 2019."
The community is invited to the high school campus at 6 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019, for a processional made up of the marching band, auxiliaries, AFJROTC and more. The entrance to Pine-Richland High School will be closed from approximately 6:00-6:15 p.m.
This year, students will be collecting canned food goods. A table will be set up at the stadium for visitors to donate goods. The Rams will kick off against the Norwin Knights at 7 p.m. The game will be broadcasted via the internet and PRTV. Visit this link for details.
Prior to the game, booths with concessions and spirit wear will be open to the community and throughout the first half of the game.
Concessions, game and booster booths include*:
Best Buddies: kids games, baked goods
PR Girls Soccer: Philly pretzels
Wexford Ram Run: promoting 5k race on October 6
PR Dance Team: dance team cookies, cake pops
AFJROTC: pie, cheesecake, beverages
PR Boys Volleyball: kielbasa, meatballs, hot dogs, sandwiches
PRHS Swimming and Diving Boosters: Rita's Italian Ice, cookies
PR Girl's Lacrosse: Chick Fil A, bottled water
PR Baseball Boosters: sausage/pepper sandwiches, pepperoni rolls, drinks, & raffle
PR Choir Boosters: pulled pork sandwiches
PR Boys Ultimate: PR Spirit wear or gummy worm dessert
Girl Scout Troop 16148: Girl Scout cookies, baked goods, bottled water*Items are subject to change.
PRHS Student Government: accepting canned food donations for the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank
At half-time, a queen will be crowned.
Congratulations to Pine-Richland High School seniors, who are being named to the 2019 Homecoming Court and include: Alexa Sharron, Callie Laubacher, Enyonam Akwayena, Olivia McGeary, Kate Kwasnick, Lillian Stokes, Marin Laffey, Meghan Luellen, Paige Nelson, Colleen Doyle, and Meghan Wilson. Visit https://pinecreek.triblive.com/pine-richland-homecoming-festivities-slated/ for more details.
On Saturday, September 21, 2019, PRHS will host the homecoming dance.
- September 16-20, 2019 ~ Spirit Week
- September 20, 2019 ~ PRHS Football Game - 7 p.m. - Homecoming Procession will start at 6 p.m.
- The processional will include ROTC, PR Marching Band, Band Fronts, and Homecoming Court.
- The football game will begin at 7 p.m. as the PR Rams take on the Norwin Knights.
- September 21, 2019 ~ PRHS Homecoming Dance - 7-10 p.m. at Pine-Richland High School - Doors close at 7:30 p.m.
At the Pine-Richland Homecoming Football Game, there will be many booths available to visit and support from 6:30 p.m. through the end of the game outside the Pine-Richland High School Stadium entrance. Come out and support our Pine-Richland clubs, teams and organizations by visiting the booths filled with tasty food, drinks, and spirit apparel!
If you are still interested in reserving a booth or space for the Homecoming game, please download and submit the Homecoming Booth Rental 2019 Form.
Community Outreach Homecoming Event to Benefit the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Staff and students are encouraged to bring in non-perishable food items to donate to the “Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Drive.” Most needed items are:
- laundry detergent
- paper products
- pasta sauce
- peanut butter
- dried/canned beans
- pouched/canned tuna
- instant mashed potatoes
Please encourage friends, family, and neighbors to donate! We will have a table at the Homecoming Football Game for donations - look for the “Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Drive” sign outside the stadium!
Homecoming Spirit Week
Pine-Richland Dances Through the Decades: Homecoming 2019
High School Spirit Week Themes - September 16-20
- Monday: “1950s/1960s” (poodle skirts, pink ladies, leather jackets)
- Tuesday: “1970s” (tie dye, peace signs, bell bottoms, fringe, disco)
- Wednesday: “1980s” (neon, fanny packs, leggings, scrunchies)
- Thursday: “1990s ” (denim on denim, overalls, baggy pants)
- Friday: “Present Day” (Green and White)
- Homecoming Game Student Section: Orange Out
Each building its own Spirit Week - check individual school calendars for themes
- First Round of Voting For Top 10 GRADES 11-12 ONLY: Opens on Monday, September 9, at 7 a.m. and closes on Tuesday, September 10, at noon.
- Second Round of Voting For Queen GRADES 9-12: Opens on Wednesday, September 18, at 7 a.m. and closes on Thursday, September 19, at noon.
- All voting will be done electronically through school email.
Homecoming Assembly - Tuesday, September 17 (Activity Period)
Introduction of the Homecoming Court
Homecoming Dance ~ September 21, 2019
PRHS Homecoming Dance Early Bird tickets will be sold for $20 per person during lunch from Monday, September 9, through Friday, September 13.
Tickets will then be sold for $25 per person in Room #45 from 7:10-7:35 a.m. and 2:36-2:50 p.m. from Monday, September 16, through Thursday, September 19.
Donate Water Bottles for the Dance
We are in need of mini-bottled waters for the students attending the Pine-Richland High School Homecoming Dance. Donations can be dropped off in the front office of the High School up through Thursday, September 19th. Please label any donations with "Homecoming Dance". Thank you!