What Is Naviance?
Naviance is a comprehensive 7-12 college and career readiness platform that enables self-discovery, career exploration, academic planning, and college preparation for millions of students across all ages and around the globe.
Through Naviance, each student creates an electronic portfolio of college and career experiences to help make post-secondary decisions that align with his/her talents, interest and aspirations.
The Pine-Richland School District purchased Naviance in 2008 to help students explore their interests and strengths and develop a course of study that matches long-term goals with an actionable plan.
Naviance is dedicated to advancing education—from helping K-12 students discover their strengths to ensuring that college students receive the resources they need to succeed and complete a college degree.
Main Features of Naviance Student
Naviance Student makes it easier for students to answer the questions that will shape their future: Who am I? What do I want to be? How will I get there? In addition, how will I succeed? The new design delivers the power of Naviance to students’ fingertips with familiar and intuitive tools that personalize and simplify the college and career planning process.
- Mobile-Friendly: Naviance Student is optimized for students and families to access from any device including smartphones, tablets, Chromebooks, and desktops.
- Access for All: ⅓ of U.S. families living below the poverty line access the internet only from mobile devices. All families with a Naviance account can now access high-quality college and career planning resources on any device.
- Personalized Experience: An updated welcome page helps students quickly scan important messages and upcoming deadlines, and the About Me section now includes students’ progress on assessments and surveys.
- An exciting new experience is coming in the Fall of 2018. Use SuperMatch™ to receive a list of best-fit schools based on criteria you deem as important in your college search.
- Best Fit Criteria: Expand and Collapse best-fit criteria to get matched with the schools that are the best fit for you.
- Pin Schools: Use the pin feature to keep an eye on schools you are interested in.
- Compare: Compare pinned schools based on the factors that you care for most.
- Favorite: Add schools to the colleges you are thinking about in Naviance Student.
Easy to Use
- Improved Navigation: Students and educators will notice improved navigation and streamlined workflows within the updated UI.
- Resume Export: Students can export resumes in a printer-friendly format.
- Complete online surveys and assessments
- Sign up for college and career visits to PRHS
- Research colleges and careers
- Research scholarships
- Calendar View of Tasks and To-Dos: Students can see when tasks are due in an easy-to-read calendar format.
- Parents can request access to their student’s accounts as view only partners. Please contact Mrs. Whalen in the School Counseling Office at email@example.com to register.
Video Lesson Segments
All PRHS students have access to Naviance Student and are pre-registered through the School Counseling Office. To access the high school Naviance Student website, use your Web browser to connect to https://student.naviance.com/pinerichland Click here to take the Naviance Student tour.
We hope that you will find this resource helpful. Looking for specific Naviance directions? Click here. If you have further questions about Naviance Student, please contact Mrs. Whalen in the Guidance Office.