- Eden Hall Upper Elementary
Volunteers Needed! Are You Interested in Being a Part of Career Day?
As a part of the Pine-Richland School Counseling Curriculum, our Eden Hall Upper Elementary students are going to begin exploring various aspects of Career and Work in December. In fourth and fifth grade, students are introduced to career clusters and begin to explore careers that match their interests and skill levels. Sixth graders are going to take their knowledge gained and further explore the world of career through their participation in Career Day.
The Eden Hall 6th grade Career Day will be held on Friday, December 13. This event introduces students to careers in our area and allows them to meet with guest speakers who can provide them more information about their careers. The success of this event largely depends on volunteer and parent involvement.
In order to participate as a guest presenter, please make arrangements to come to Eden Hall in the morning of December 13 from 7:50 – 12:00 prepared to give students information about your career. Students will be rotating through three presentations, so you will only need enough information to fill three 30 -35 minute talks. We are asking presenters to cover the following information:
Suggested Areas/Questions to Cover
- Where do you work?
- What is your job title?
- Describe a typical day or typical tasks in your job.
- What is your favorite part about your job?
- What is your least favorite part about your job?
- What is the salary range for your job?
- What type of training or education does a person need for this job?
- What skills are needed for this job?
- What are the personal qualities (emotional, physical, and mental) a person needs in order to do well?
- What school subjects helped you the most in your career?
- What can the students do now to help prepare them for this career?
No matter what your occupation, our students are eager to learn about what future careers are available. Do not fear that you will be alone with a large group of students. We will assign a teacher to be in the room with you at all times and group sizes will be as small as possible.
If you are interested in presenting, please complete the electronic Career Day Interest form. Please email Lauren Hawrylak with any questions. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you!
Class of 2026 School Counselor at Eden Hall