- Pine-Richland School District
- 2022-2023 Building News
Read to Feed Thank You!
Entering its 18th year in 2022, Wexford Elementary’s Read to Feed program encourages students to read while benefiting a great community cause.
- READ: From Nov. 2 through Nov. 14, students will pledge to read books each day.
- FEED: Students will ask family and friends to sponsor their reading while collecting donations to benefit local families.
- All sponsorship money raised by our students will be donated to the KDKA Turkey Fund, which distributes meals throughout the KDKA-TV viewing area in partnership with Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. A $20 donation can provide ONE local family with the means to gather and share a meal with loved ones.
To date, Wexford Elementary has raised $358,791.60 to help local families in need. With the match from PNC Bank, we are inching close to $400,000!
Read to Feed: Giving Thanks
‘Tis the season to be thankful and we are so amazed by the generosity of our Wexford Elementary students. We are still totaling the amount raised, and it will be revealed at a school assembly today, Friday, November 18.
If your student would like to thank family and friends for their contributions, please use this link for a printable thank you card coloring page!
Read to Feed: Together is Our Favorite Place to Be!
Reading Logs & Donations Due Monday, November 14! KDKA will visit Wexford Elementary on Friday, November 18, for the big donation reveal!
This year, Wexford Elementary’s One Book, One School title is Pigeon & Cat, written and illustrated by Edward Hemingway. Our students have been learning about an unlikely friendship between a pigeon and a cat. Their connection shows how situations need us to find bravery within us while celebrating acts of kindness in a new community.
As we come to the end of our annual Read to Feed program, we thank you all for showing kindness to our community by helping those in need.
Don’t forget that reading logs and donations to the Read to Feed program are due on Monday, November 14.
- Please return the reading log to your student’s teacher and donations in an envelope marked “KDKA Turkey Fund.”
- Checks are preferred and should be made payable to: “KDKA Turkey Fund.”
- All donations are tax deductible.
KDKA will visit Wexford Elementary on Friday, November 18 for the big total reveal!
We hope you will help our students reach the goal of $20,000 for the Read to Feed program! By meeting that goal, Wexford Elementary will provide a Thanksgiving meal to 1,000 families!
Read to Feed: Fowl Play! Help us Reach Our $20,000 Goal!
During the week of November 1, Wexford Elementary launched our 2022 Read to Feed fundraiser!
We’ve set a goal to raise $20,000, which can feed 1,000 local families in need.
As a special incentive for our students, if they meet the goal, Mrs. Gustafson will dress as a turkey at the Ram Reader Results assembly on Friday, November 18!
Read to Feed: TurKEY Dates
On Wednesday, November 2, Wexford Elementary students will learn about our school’s annual Read to Feed program benefitting the KDKA Turkey Fund. During the month of November, students will read books and ask for sponsorships or donations to benefit the KDKA Turkey Fund. A $20 donation can provide ONE local family with the means to gather and share a meal with loved ones.
Read to Feed Key Dates:
- Wednesday, November 2 - Read to Feed kickoff. Students should start filling out their reading log each day and securing sponsors!
- Sunday, November 13 - Last day to fill out your reading log!
- Monday, November 14 - Reading logs, sponsorship forms, and donations are due.
- Friday, November 18 - Read to Feed Results Check Presentation
Reading Log & Feather
- After the November 2 kick-off for Read to Feed, your student will bring home a reading log and sponsorship form. An online copy of this form can be found here.
- Don’t forget to decorate your feather! A printable feather can be found here. Feathers are due on Thursday, October 27!