- Pine-Richland High School
- Dr. R's Blog
Posted by MELISSA RAMIREZ on 9/19/2018 6:00:00 AM
We did it! TOGETHER, we have made it to the end of week 4 of the 2018-2019 school year. TOGETHER we made it through getting settled into our new routine, our new schedule, and just a new year! Last week, Mrs. Bowman challenged the student leaders to find 15 new students, and two adults to make new, positive connections. This is one way we are following through with our goal for this school year, to #BEMOREAWESOME. Click here to find out what Kid President also has to say about how #BEMOREAWESOME Kid President's Guide to Be More Awesome
To keep this school year going towards our goal to #BEMOREAWESOME, I have added a few tips for along the way:
- Start with getting a restful sleep. Leave all technology in another room, and let your brain rest!
- Reach out to the trusted adults in your life, and share your hopes and goals for this school year.
- Start thinking of extracurricular activities you may want to pursue - Remember, quality versus quantity! Try something new!
- Take a moment and just pause for reflection. Take a mindful moment and notice your feelings and thoughts. Acknowledge them. Having a level of anxiety for the first days of school is typical. Take Deep Breaths, and find your awesome. If you can’t find your awesome, reach out to your trusted adults and tell them you need to find your awesome.
- Trusted Adults - If you need some, we can help you find them. The Student Assistance Team (SAP) can listen. You can find a SAP team member by looking for the SAP sign outside of their door. Your school counselors and social workers are available to listen. And, your local and friendly school psychologist (aka me/Dr. Ramirez), located in Room 33 at the High School, and front office in the Middle School can also lend a listening ear. Drop a note, or stop in and say hello!
- Last but not least, LET US BE AWESOME TOGETHER!
Enjoy the moments, the time and just BE in the moment. BE grateful every day, and make each one count. Let's #BEMOREAWESOME together, as a #PRFamily!
Best, Dr. Ramirez