- Pine-Richland High School
Activities & Clubs
Future Business Leaders of America
Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) educational association of student members preparing for careers in business or who are just simply interested in learning more about the free enterprise system. The national association has three divisions: FBLA for high school students, PBL for post-secondary students, and a Professional Division for others who would like to affiliate with the association.
FBLA-PBL provides innovative leadership development programs to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship. Participation in FBLA-PBL can have a direct impact on the direction and success of a young person’s career. Millions of students have learned through active membership in FBLA-PBL about the world of business and what is expected of them in the workplace.
Organizational goals include:
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects which contribute to the home, business, and community.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to work.
PRHS-FBLA meets monthly with all members participating in the regional competition. Qualifying students represent PRHS at the State Leadership Conference in Hershey, PA.