- Pine-Richland School District
- 2015-2016 Archive
News & Information
- 2019-2020 News & Information
- 2019-2020 E-Newsletters
- 2018-19 Building & News & Information
- 2018-2019 News & Info
- 2017-2018 News & Information
- Spotlight on Employees
- Alumni News
- Back-to-School Slide Show
- PR in Pictures
- 2016-2017 Archive
- District E-Newsletters (2015-2016)
- 2015-2016 Archive
- 2013-2014 Archive
- 2012-2013 Archive
- 2011-2012 Archive
- 2010 (Aug.) - 2011 (Aug.) News Archive
- 2010 (April - Aug.) News Archive
- 2009-2010 News Archive
- 2008-2009 News Archive
- 2007-2008 News Archive
- 2006-2007 News Archive
- Media Archives
- Curriculum in the Spotlight
- Community Events Calendar
- Community News
- HS/MS & Booster Events
- Sign Up for E-News
Students, Staff & Groups Honor School Board
Pine-Richland School District hosted School Board Appreciation on January 18, 2016 prior to the PR Regular School Board Meeting in the PR Administration Building’s DeWitt Blank Conference Room.
Several groups wanted to take time to show board members the projects and programs they are involved in at Pine-Richland and other groups offered their appreciation and various donations.
- Pine-Richland High School Teacher Evan Clark brought sophomores John Bateman, James Baxter, Logan Walter; junior Elliott Boudreau and senior Madeline Hess to show off some of the robots they are creating. One of the project includes creating FBI robots that are able to pick up objects through video cameras and remote controls and safely dispose of them.
- PRHS Junior Arushi Bandi brought eighth graders Sedona Rocher, Samuel Mahsoob and seventh grader Rebecca Peng to share projects they created in the First Lego League Robotics Club that Arushi founded at the middle school.
- Principal Steven Smith, along with teachers Jennifer Kopach and Joanna Sovek, brought sixth graders Geneva Doughty, Riley Doyle, Trisha Holmes, Eliana Lazzzaro, Katelyn McCracken and CJ Williams. The group wrote a poem and shared a video they created with the help of Library Media Specialist Elizabeth Shenefiel about what the GATE program means to them.
- From the primary level, Richland Principal Gene Nicastro, along with parents Kim Williams and Stacey Silipo and third graders Sophia Nicastro, Cole Silipo and Roger Williams attended the board meeting and shared with them some of their science fair projects.
- Eden Hall Upper Elementary PTO Secretary Tiffany Meyer, Richland PTO President Stacey Silipo and Pine-Richland High School PTO Co-President Kara Gelly announced donations to the Pine-Richland Opportunities Fund in appreciation of the board.
- PROF President Moira Singer was on hand to share her foundation’s appreciation to the board as well.
- Pine-Richland Education Association President Chris Vins announced a $450 donation of books to all the building libraries in appreciation of the board’s work.
The PR School Board consists of Dr. Jeffrey Banyas, president; Mr. Greg DiTullio, vice president; Dennis Sundo, treasurer; and directors: Mr. Marc Casciani, Mrs. Therese Dawson, Mrs. Virginia Goebel, Mrs. Holly Johnston, Mr. .Peter Lyons and Mrs. Laura Ohlund. Mrs. Barbara Williams serves as board secretary.