- School Budget Communications Overview
- Budget Archives
- Reassessment FAQs
- Tax Information
- Senior Citizen Tax Rebate
- Taxpayer Bill of Rights
- Pine-Richland School District
- Budget Archives
Finance Committee Reviews Bonds & Budget
The Finance Committee met prior to the combined meeting to discuss the 2018-2019 general budget and capital fund budget. The board will vote on the final budget during the June 4th planning meeting.
The development and implementation of long-range financial strategies have been an area of ongoing study and action for the school board and administration through the Pine-Richland School District strategic plan. The primary goals are to continue excellence in educational programming and opportunities for student engagement inside and outside the classroom and to continue operational efficiency with a capital projects plan that preserves and improves district/community assets without incurring additional debt. A continued focus exists on strategic decision-making to ensure a strong financial position currently and in future years.
Capital Funding Plan
The capital funding plan has been updated with some minor changes since February 2018:
- The cost of the clock system replacement at Hance Elementary was reduced by $600 to agree to the price quote approved by the board in March 2018.
- The cost to repair and replace whiteboards at Hance Elementary was increased by $1,920 based on a price quotation received by Mr. Zang in March 2018.
- An additional amount of $15,000 was added to 2021-2022 to upgrade the lighting on the second floor at Richland Elementary.
- Originally, the plan included a cost of $5,500 to replace a second hot water storage tank at Richland Elementary in 2018-2019. The second tank was replaced during 2017-2018; therefore, this was removed for next year.
- Mr. Zang and Dr. Walsh assessed the condition of the playground surface at Wexford Elementary and determined this project could be delayed from 2018-2019 to 2020-2021.
- Based on a recent review of chiller systems district-wide, Mr. Zang is recommending the following schedule for replacement of microprocessors for chillers: Chiller B at the High School is scheduled for replacement next year. He is recommending the installation of the microprocessor on the unit as well. The unit at Richland Elementary should be delayed from 2018-2019 to 2019-2020. In addition, the unit at Hance Elementary should be moved from 2019-2020 to 2020-2021.
- The allocations for replacement auditorium seating at Richland Elementary and the Middle School were reduced based on preliminary discussions with COSTARS vendors. Additionally, an allocation was added for replacement flooring/carpeting in certain areas.
- The estimate to remove one wall at the Middle School in order to combine two existing classrooms needed to be increased by $2,843 based on contractor estimates received by Mr. Zang.
- Allocations for the construction of mousetrap entrances at Wexford Elementary and Hance Elementary have been added for 2018-2019.
View documents from the finance committee meeting.